Shower head filters are compact water filtration units that you fix to your existing shower head to purify your shower water. Follow these instructions to install a shower head filter in your bathroom:
1. Detach and remove your shower head from the water pipe. You may need tools such as a wrench or pliers to perform this procedure.
2. Remove and discard the plumber’s tape on the male threads of the water pipe.
3. Your shower filter kit should also contain plumber’s tape. Wrap the new plumber’s tape onto the male threads of your water pipe. This hack helps minimize water leakage, and secures your shower filter firmly in place.
4. Screw and tighten the top half of the shower head filter onto the male threads of the water pipe.
5. The bottom half of the shower head filter contains the water filter cartridge. Screw and tighten the bottom half of the shower head filter, containing the water filter cartridge, to the top half of the shower head filter.
6. With your shower head filter attached to the water pipe, turn on the hot water, and allow hot water to run through the shower filter for a few minutes. This will help get rid of debris and carbon deposits inside your shower filter. You must eliminate these unwanted substances from your shower filter before you re-attach your shower head.
7. Let hot water run through the shower filter until the water is clear.
8. Turn off the water.
9. Attach your shower head to the shower filter.
And there you have it! Now you can enjoy clean and pure shower water for a safer and healthier shower experience.